st: Stacked bar chart of categorical data

From   "Fiona Bruinsma" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: Stacked bar chart of categorical data
Date   Thu, 27 May 2004 16:33:29 +1000

I have a number of categorical variables that I want to present on a stacked
bar chart (for each of the bars the height of the bar will be 100%).

My categorical variable (from 1-4) is the number of times an individual has
had a certain type of assessment by the outcome of interest (0=no, 1=yes).

I have included an example of the tabulated command I used to generate the
data I am trying to present graphically
tab2 DSM_mdep as_ht if self_ref==1, row mi

Ideally, I would then like to present on the same graph a number of
different types of assessment by the outcome (assessment1 by outcome,
assessment2 by outcome, assessment3 by outcome).

Catplot has been of some assistance but I haven't yet been able to get it to
stack the bars.

Ms Fiona Bruinsma
Research Fellow
Centre for the Study of Mothers' & Children's Health, La Trobe University
251 Faraday Street, Carlton
VIC  3053
Ph: (03) 8341 8583
Fax: (03) 8341 8555