st: RE: -twoway kernreg- ?

From   "Nick Cox" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: RE: -twoway kernreg- ?
Date   Thu, 20 May 2004 13:07:30 +0100

-kernreg- is a user-written command published
in 1996. Thus it could not have been written
to be compatible with the new graphics of
Stata 8 released in 2003. The same
applies to later versions by other authors with
fewer bugs. (A corrected version of -kernreg- was never
released by its original authors.)

However, all that is now historical detail,
and other versions of -kernreg- would leave
you with the same graphics problem.

I guess that you would be much better off
using -locpoly-.

. search locpoly

will identify the source, and something like

. locpoly mpg weight , <options>
	plot(lfit mpg weight, <options>)

should do what you want.