Re: re: st: help for analyse survey data with complex sampling design

From   rghuang <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: re: st: help for analyse survey data with complex sampling design
Date   Wed, 24 Mar 2004 22:40:26 +0800

>Stata has a whole suite of statistical commands designed for survey data.
>If you type:
>
>. whelp svy
>
>You will get Stata help window with a list of all the survey commands where you can
>click on them and get help for them.
>
>Before using any command you will need to tell Stata what your strata
>and your psu variables are with the -svyset- command.  Once this is set in your
>Stata session any survey command after it will use these strata and psu variables.
>
>. svyset , strata(district_id) psu(school_id)

the only thing i can not understand is why psu is school_id,but not distric_id or sub-distric_id?

>My example assumes you do not have a sample weight.  If you do then the command would
>look like this:
>
>. svyset [pweight=sample_wt], strata(district_id) psu(school_id)
>
>Then you can look at your means for example:
>
>. svymean age gpa income
>

>Dan Blanchette
>

>> From 	  rghuang <[email protected]>
>> To 	  "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
>> Subject 	  st: help for analyse survey data with complex sampling design
>> Date 	  Wed, 24 Mar 2004 20:16:28 +0800
>>
>> hi ,listers
>>     recently ,i carry out a survey and i hope any of you can give me some advice
>> on how i can analyze my data with my own complex sampling design.
>>      my samling design is as follows:
>>      the population is all the students in 7 districs(the population id quite big).
>> we divide 7 districs in the 3 stratum(each distric have different amount of schools
>> and students), then sample one distric each strata,let us name it A,B,C.we can know
>> the number of sudents in A,B and C.and A,B,C has different numbers of sub-districs,
>> then we sample the 8 sub-distrcis from  each randomly.and then we sample randomly
>> about 5 schools  from each sampled sub-distric.at last we sample about 100 students
>> from each sampled school and get the sample that we want.it is so design considering
>> the  feasibility.we have the information about the amount of sub-districs in each
>> distric, the amount of schools in each sub-dsitrics,  and the aount of students in
>> each school.
>>    in this case,how should i analyse the survey data ? and exactly,which varibles
>> should included in data set,and how to use your program?
>>    thank you in advance!
>>    regards!
>>
>>      [email protected]
>

>*