re: st: help for analyse survey data with complex sampling design

From   Dan Blanchette <[email protected]>
Subject   re: st: help for analyse survey data with complex sampling design
Date   Wed, 24 Mar 2004 08:57:55 -0500 (EST)

Stata has a whole suite of statistical commands designed for survey data.
If you type:

. whelp svy

You will get Stata help window with a list of all the survey commands where you can
click on them and get help for them.

Before using any command you will need to tell Stata what your strata
and your psu variables are with the -svyset- command.  Once this is set in your
Stata session any survey command after it will use these strata and psu variables.

. svyset , strata(district_id) psu(school_id)

My example assumes you do not have a sample weight.  If you do then the command would
look like this:

. svyset [pweight=sample_wt], strata(district_id) psu(school_id)

Then you can look at your means for example:

. svymean age gpa income

Dan Blanchette