Re: st: case conversion

From   "Eric Uslaner" <>
To   <>
Subject   Re: st: case conversion
Date   Sun, 21 Mar 2004 16:37:15 -0500

Hi all,

I have some country names in a data set.  I want to convert the names
in the variable "country" from all upper case to first letter upper and
the rest lower (e.g., "ALBANIA"becomes "Albania").  I have found the
string functions lower and upper, but I don't see any option to convert
just the first letter.  Any help would be much appreciated.

Ric Uslaner