Re: st: OT: your favorite math equations editor

From   Richard Williams <>
Subject   Re: st: OT: your favorite math equations editor
Date   Wed, 17 Mar 2004 22:45:12 -0500

At 09:16 PM 3/17/2004 -0500, Renzo Comolli wrote:
Dear Mary,

My first reaction when I read your message was "define the word good" :)
Given that your colleague wants to use Powerpoints, I suggest he goes either
with Equation Editor or MathType.
Equation Editor is just the free version of MathType. Of course, Equation
Editor has fewer with fewer functionalities than MathType.
Also, if you use the equation editor, there is a macro you should also install. Instructions for doing so with Office XP/Word 2002 are at;en-us;318797&Product=offxp

I think it is also on the installation disks. In other versions, I think the macro is typically called or or something like that. This macro lets you easily change the equation editor options. The main option I like is forceopen, which opens the equation editor in a separate window. I personally prefer this, although others may not.

OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
FAX: (574)288-4373
HOME: (574)289-5227
EMAIL: Richard.A.Williams.5@ND.Edu