Re: st: mmerge problem

From   Richard Williams <>
Subject   Re: st: mmerge problem
Date   Wed, 25 Feb 2004 06:27:33 -0500

At 04:06 PM 2/25/2004 +1100, you wrote:
Dear Statalisters

I have previously used the Stata Bulletin programme match merging
without problems (STB-53  dm75    Safe and easy matched merging J.
Weesie). Now when I try to use it I get an error message:

mmerge id using hplc, type(1:1)
too many variables specified

 I wonder whether it could be because I have (I think) upgraded from
stata 7 to 8 since I last used it. Has anyone else struck this problem
or knows how to fix it? I realise i could use the official merge command
but I quite liked the mmerge version.
I notice there is a newer version (2.5) of this program than that which was originally published. You might try -findit mmerge-, download the latest if you don't already have it, and see if that solves your problem.

OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
FAX: (574)288-4373
HOME: (574)289-5227
EMAIL: Richard.A.Williams.5@ND.Edu