st: mmerge problem

From   Kevan Polkinghorne <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: mmerge problem
Date   Wed, 25 Feb 2004 16:06:49 +1100

Dear Statalisters

I have previously used the Stata Bulletin programme match merging
without problems (STB-53  dm75    Safe and easy matched merging J.
Weesie). Now when I try to use it I get an error message:

mmerge id using hplc, type(1:1)
too many variables specified
r(103);

 I wonder whether it could be because I have (I think) upgraded from
stata 7 to 8 since I last used it. Has anyone else struck this problem
or knows how to fix it? I realise i could use the official merge command
but I quite liked the mmerge version.
regards
kevan

--