re: st: re: ANCOVA for pre post designs

From   David Airey <>
Subject   re: st: re: ANCOVA for pre post designs
Date   Mon, 29 Dec 2003 13:56:00 -0600

OK, let me ask a simpler question: can one have baseline covariates in within-subjects ANOVAs like we have in ANCOVAs, which are between-subject ANOVAs but with covariates?
Just to close out my thread, I asked if the ANOVA options, continuous() and repeated(), could be used in a repeated measures ANCOVA, a model discussed by Winer from looking at the online TOC. Stata's response was that I look at MANOVA instead. So I guess not, but good enough.

* For searches and help try: