Re: st: stat-transfer updates

From   Steven Dubnoff <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: stat-transfer updates
Date   Mon, 25 Aug 2003 19:01:19 -0700

So they wonder: is there a registry entry that could be altered or some other
workaround to allow Stat-Transfer to run its update program without actually
having to log in as admin?
We will have to see what we can do about this issue. When we designed this feature, we thought it was logical to store information about the updates in the part registry that deals with globally with the "machine" rather than that which concerned a specific user. This will not work in your case if you are not permitted to update that part of the registry. We will certainly fix this in the next version, and I hope we can figure out a way to address it in the current version.

Best,

Steve

Steven Dubnoff [email protected]
Circle Systems We make your data instantly usable.
Download Stat/Transfer from http://www.stattransfer.com
1001 Fourth Avenue, #3200 (206) 682-3783
Seattle, WA 98154 Fax (206) 328-4788

*
* For searches and help try:
* http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/