Re: st: Trouble with Win XP/Office XP

From   Elizabeth Allred <>
Subject   Re: st: Trouble with Win XP/Office XP
Date   Fri, 22 Aug 2003 08:52:46 -0400

I have also seen this with 7/SE and 8/SE on both my Dell 8200s runing XP Pro. I think it happens after I permit Windows auto update (applies patches from the MotherShip)to run and there have been a lot or patches lately. You're asked to restart after the patches are applied and I've found that I need to do a complete shutdown not just a reboot or Stata won't start. All other programs seem to work. BTW, I don't use Outlook.

jhelweg wrote:

I've experienced the exact same problem,- strange thing is that the failure to show the Stata 8.1 window only happens quite rarely. I'm using WinXP professional with Office 2000. Somehow I suspect that there is a conflict with Outlook 2000- I've noticed that the problem never happens when - after a reboot or restart- I open Stata as the first program, but only after I've used Outlook..