Re: st: PDF Stata 8 manuals

From   [email protected] (William Gould, Stata)
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: PDF Stata 8 manuals
Date   Thu, 17 Jul 2003 09:59:21 -0500

Bill Dupont raised what is a perpetually thorny issue, Stata on-line
documentation.  The comments that appeared on the list were helpful.
As many of you have observed,

    1.  Computer documenation on-line is convenient as long as it does
        not lead to the abolishment of printed manauls.

    2.  Stata's manuals are sometimes more than computer documentation
        in that they provide statistical description, advice, and