Re: st: data formatted on cards

From   "R. Allan Reese" <>
To   statalist <>
Subject   Re: st: data formatted on cards
Date   Wed, 2 Jul 2003 09:37:59 +0100 (BST)

Let me offer a couple of keywords to watch out for - like Indiana Jones
watching for spears jump out of walls.

The last time I dealt with card image data, years ago on a reel of tape
written years before, the codes on the tape were MULTI-PUNCHED binary.
In other words, each "column" on the card had been used for a 12-digit
number that might encode several variables.  Another variant used on cards
was EBCDIC rather than ASCII character encoding.  This was an early
version of PGP :-)

R. Allan Reese                       Email: