st: Interpretation of svyintreg coefficients

From   "Thomas W. Brewer" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: Interpretation of svyintreg coefficients
Date   Thu, 26 Jun 2003 10:43:02 -0400

I have a survey dataset with an ordinal dependent variable that is left hand
censored.  The dependent variable measures a latent construct (y*) that is
linearly related to all x's in the model. I am using the svyintreg command
to estimate the effect of a binary independent variable and several ordinal
independent variables.  My question regards the interpretation of the
coefficients.  Ideally I would like the metric to be: for a one unit
increase in (or being in the category coded 1), the dependent variable will
increase or decrease by z%, holding all other variables constant.

I read J. Scott Long's 1997 book on Regression Models for CJDV's and he
presents an equation on page 22 for log-linear models which states that
percent change=100[exp(B1)-1].  Will this transformation work for the
svyintreg coefficients as well?  If not, any suggestions would be

Thank you.
Tom Brewer