Re: st: Re: Gower

Subject   Re: st: Re: Gower
Date   Mon, 03 Mar 2003 10:29:01 -0600

Janet Oliver <> asks:

> I notice that recent requests from Tereza and Martin Sherrif concerning
> Gower's coefficient for nominal and continuous variables received no
> cluster, or do I have to go out and buy a copy of Clustan in addition to
> Stata?

Gower's coefficient for combining nominal and continuous
variables is not part of Stata's -cluster- command.  It is on our
list for future potential additions.  (Underlying meaning: no
time frame has been set for its introduction into Stata, but we
are aware of it and do want to add it some time in the future.)

Ken Higbee
StataCorp     1-800-STATAPC