st: Stata & Databases

From   "Giovanni Vecchi" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: Stata & Databases
Date   Mon, 3 Mar 2003 12:29:25 +0100

Dear statalisters:

I have been asked about a convenient way of transferring data from Stata
to external databases (say, Oracle) and viceversa.
The only answer which comes to my mind is to use Stat/Transfer, but I
wonder if there are better protocols/procedures to handle this

My second question is: can a query to an external database be executed
from within Stata? Is it a convenient procedure?

I would appreciate it if you could give me broad advice on the best
practices to importing/exporting datasets from Stata to external
databases and viceversa.

Thank you in advance.

Giovanni VECCHI
Dipartimento di Economia e Istituzioni