RE: st: RE: list in stata8

From   "FEIVESON, ALAN H. (AL) (JSC-SD) (NASA)" <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: RE: list in stata8
Date   Wed, 26 Feb 2003 10:28:58 -0600

Buzz - Thank you for your comments. I admit I am very susceptible to "update
discomfort" syndrome. However your comment about multilevel capability
sounds like a request for more statistics, not cosmetics. I would gladly
trade all this new list, GUI and fancy graphics for an effective multilevel
package that would run under Stata. Or are you suggesting that glamm8 is the
answer?
Can you provide any quantitative info on how much faster is glamm in Stata8
than under Stata 7? This is the sort of thing that would make me want to
update - not the graphics, GUI, etc.

Buzz wrote:
"I for instance, would
like them to keep focusing on developing the capacity for heirarchical
models...the issues surrounding "list" pale for me compared to the need for
stronger hierarchical modeling capabilities."

Al Feiveson