Re: st: Re: hausman test

From   "Mark Schaffer" <[email protected]>
To   "John A Karikari" <[email protected]>, [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Re: hausman test
Date   Wed, 6 Nov 2002 17:43:19 -0000

John,

Date sent:      	Wed, 06 Nov 2002 12:36:48 -0500
From:           	"John A Karikari" <[email protected]>
To:             	<[email protected]>, <[email protected]>
Subject:        	Re: st: Re: hausman test

> Could I have more information on the "sigmamore" option.  I couldn't
> find it using the search process. Thanks.

-help hausman- gives you the following explanation of this option:

"sigmamore allows you to specify that the two covariance matrices
used in the test be based on a common estimate of disturbance
variance (sigma2); the variance from the more (fully) efficient
estimator.  This option provides a proper estimate of the contrast
variance for so-called tests of exogeneity and over-identification in
instrumental variables regression. Note that this option can only be
specified when both estimators save e(sigma) or e(rmse)."

That's it in a nutshell though there's more to it if you're
interested, e.g., it's not valid after estimation using -robust-.

--Mark