st: Experimental design - ANOVA/GLM? - please help

From   Ricardo Ovaldia <>
Subject   st: Experimental design - ANOVA/GLM? - please help
Date   Thu, 26 Sep 2002 13:21:02 -0700 (PDT)

Dear all,

I was approached by an investigator with the following
problem. He had two groups of experimental rats, 10
diabetic and 10 non-diabetic. Each of these rats had
one liter of 10 pups (average). On each of the pups a
series of biochemicals were measured. He wants me to
compare the mean value of these biochemicals from the
pumps from diabetic moms to the pups from non-diabetic
pups. He then suggested that I do a simple t-test
comparing the means of the two pup groups. I pointed
out that the observations are not independent because
of several pups from the same liter and that the liter
effect needs to be taken into account.

How can I set this up in Stata?

Thank yo in advance,

Do you Yahoo!?