Re: st: RE: Re: wish list

From (William Gould)
Subject   Re: st: RE: Re: wish list
Date   Thu, 26 Sep 2002 14:34:54 -0500

Richard Hoskins <> wrote,

> [...] I assume that Stata monitors the list, but is there an "official" way
> to get bright ideas into the Version 8 idea hopper?

Yes we do monitor the list, and we partipate, too.

Most people send post their wishes to the list (where I assure they are not
ignored even if we do not respond), some send them to <>
(where they are also not ignored and you get a personal reply), and some send
them directly to me, <>, from whence you will also get a

My preference is that ideas go to Statalist because they sometimes cause
comments that are themselves helpful.  If you have a long list, however, send
it to me; I always enjoy responding to good ideas.

-- Bill
   William Gould
   President, StataCorp