st: Summarize without Min and Max

From   "John GIBSON" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: Summarize without Min and Max
Date   Fri, 13 Sep 2002 01:21:14 +1200

Dear Listers

I am working on confidential unit record files and my output is not allowed to identify individual respondents. This prevents using the "Summarize" command when I want means and std deviations of my variables, because Max and Min are also included and these refer to individual respondents.

While I can use Tabstat it is much less convenient because I have to specify the varlist (and using _all fails because there are string variables in the dataset).

Does anyone have a version of the Summarize command that suppresses the Min and Max?

John Gibson