st: calculating group means

From   Gayatri Koolwal <>
Subject   st: calculating group means
Date   Thu, 25 Jul 2002 16:40:43 -0400

I have a data set of individuals who belong to different households, each with a value of a variable x2. For each household, I would like to create a new variable that is the mean of x2 for the individuals in that household. Would anyone be able to help me with the procedure for this? Do I need to collapse the data set first somehow?

Thank you very much!

Gayatri Koolwal.

* For searches and help try: