st: Marginal Effects of a Multinomial Logit

From   "Mamo, Daniel" <>
Subject   st: Marginal Effects of a Multinomial Logit
Date   Thu, 25 Jul 2002 13:29:21 -0400

I am trying to be sure I am interpreting the marginal effects on a
multinomial logit correctly.  I believe that the marginal effect signals a
percentage point movement.  For example, if the marginal effect on a 0/1
variable is .03 then the change in the variable from 0 to 1 would signify a
3 percentage point increase.  Am I correct?  Would this change for a
continous independent variable?