Re: st: Running do files one line at a time

From   Ronan Conroy <>
Subject   Re: st: Running do files one line at a time
Date   Wed, 19 Jun 2002 17:41:23 +0100

on 19/6/02 2:43 PM, Nick Winter at wrote:

> Note, by the way, that this does *not* appear to be the case on the Mac,
> at least the last time I checked.
> Nick W

This is OK on my Mac (Stata/SE under OS X) and always worked. What was wrong
for a while was that the floating tip for the 'do' button did not change to
'do selection' when there was some of the file selected. I contacted Stata
about this and it is was fixed some time ago. Is there still a problem with
other flav(o)urs of Stata or of the Mac OS?

If anyone else out there cannot get the 'do' button to do the selected
portion of the do-file, please tell tech-support at Stata about it (NOT THE
LIST!) and they will track down the problem.

Ronan M Conroy (
Lecturer in Biostatistics
Royal College of Surgeons
Dublin 2, Ireland
+353 1 402 2431 (fax 2329)

And now, Mr President, how about the global alliance against climate change?