RE: st: Running do files one line at a time

From   "Nick Winter" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: Running do files one line at a time
Date   Wed, 19 Jun 2002 09:43:07 -0400

> on 19/6/02 9:16 AM, Anthony Staines at [email protected] wrote:
>
> > What I would like to do is to prepare a do file in advance, and step
> > through it, execute it, one line (or one statement) at a
> time. I can't
> > see any obvious way to do this in Stata.
>
> Highlight the line and press the 'do' button in the do-file
> editor. With a
> portion of the file highlighted, the function of the button
> changes from
> 'do' to 'do selected'.

Note, by the way, that this does *not* appear to be the case on the Mac,
at least the last time I checked.

Nick W