Re: st: Running do files one line at a time

From   Ronan Conroy <>
Subject   Re: st: Running do files one line at a time
Date   Wed, 19 Jun 2002 10:05:53 +0100

on 19/6/02 9:16 AM, Anthony Staines at wrote:

> What I would like to do is to prepare a do file in advance, and step
> through it, execute it, one line (or one statement) at a time. I can't
> see any obvious way to do this in Stata.

Highlight the line and press the 'do' button in the do-file editor. With a
portion of the file highlighted, the function of the button changes from
'do' to 'do selected'.

Ronan M Conroy (
Lecturer in Biostatistics
Royal College of Surgeons
Dublin 2, Ireland
+353 1 402 2431 (fax 2329)

And now, Mr President, how about the global alliance against climate change?