R: st: within stage of disease differences

From   "Carlo Lazzaro" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   R: st: within stage of disease differences
Date   Wed, 27 Jun 2007 22:43:36 +0200

Dear Austin,

Thanks a lot for Your Kind and prompt answer.

Actually I have determined Quality-Adjusted Life Years (QALYs) for each one
of the disease stage and I have found a statistical significant difference
in favour of programme A; however, this difference is due to utilities (ie.,
should someone who read us not engaged in health economics, in general
terms, a measure of health-related quality of life used for weighting years
of life and translate them into QALYs) which worsen as the disease evolves
from stage I to stage IV. The next step I am intended to take will be to
better outline the role played, if any, by the number of years spent with a
given utility for patients enrolled in programmes A and B. So this was a
QALYs issue, but now is a "time spent for each disease stage" issue.
Your answer and hints are really helpful (I am an health economist - more
economist than health - I will take a look to Stephen Jenkins's website You
were so Kind to suggest).

Thanks a lot again for Your Kindness and for Your Time.

Kind Regards,

Carlo