st: Re: AIC with Panel Data

From   "Rodrigo A. Alfaro" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Re: AIC with Panel Data
Date   Wed, 20 Jun 2007 17:07:26 -0400

///
Yes, you can use -areg-

webuse psidextract
areg lwage wks union ms smsa, a(id)
estat ic

Rodrigo.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Elisa Lanzi" <[email protected]>
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Wednesday, June 20, 2007 4:49 PM
Subject: st: AIC with Panel Data

Dear all,

I would like to do a post-estimation to check what the best combination
and number of variables is to be included in my regression. I see that it
is possible to do this in stata with with the AIC but that this does not
support xtreg. Is there a command that does the same thing for fixed
effect estimations?

Thank you in advance,
Elisa

--
Elisa Lanzi
PhD student in Economics and Organisation (SSAV)