Re: st: Reproducable system freeze on displaying certain output in Mata

From   "David Elliott" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Reproducable system freeze on displaying certain output in Mata
Date   Thu, 14 Jun 2007 12:23:22 -0300

William

The request was in jest, of course, a product of my irreverent sense
of humour.  However, I make it a matter of principle never to turn
down free lunches, beer, or T-shirts.

I would be proud to wear one of the new Stata 10 T-shirts in size Large.

I am:
Dr. David C. Elliott
1636 Vernon Street
Halifax, NS B3H 3N1
CAN

As for Stata's pledge to fix things, and soon - I have been most
impressed by the staff's responsiveness to issues that are raised.  I
did have prior experience of working with Alan tracking down a bug in
the -help- code that caused network flooding of read() calls and
really appreciated that a Vice President would roll up his sleeves and
get his hands dirty.  It is so nice to have a company who responds to
problems without giving you SAS ;-)

Kind regards,

David

On 6/14/07, William Gould, StataCorp LP <[email protected]> wrote:
David Elliott <[email protected]> wrote,

> That's the second bug I've turned up in a year (the first being the
> help file multiple calls bug) - do I get a T-shirt?

I think we can arrange that.

David is a long-time Stata user, and we at StataCorp will treat this as a
special case.  We are *NOT* setting new policy.  Our policy is, "If you find a
bug, we will fix it, and soon."  We're proud of our record of keeping to
that.

-- Bill
David Elliott