st: RE: Encryption of data

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: Encryption of data
Date   Wed, 13 Jun 2007 13:58:47 +0100

There was a thread last month. A member wanted to encrypt
do files.

Two answers:

1. The question is very general. Do you, for example,
want to encrypt some or all variables or whole datasets?

2. On the whole, this kind of question does not seem to arise often
in Stata circles. If I ever needed to do it, I would think about
doing it in Mata, or of doing it outside Stata.

Hendri Adriaens