st: RE: RE: Bargraphs, order, SD

From   David Airey <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: RE: RE: Bargraphs, order, SD
Date   Mon, 11 Jun 2007 15:41:45 -0500

Roger wrote:
For what it's worth, the -eclplot- package, downloadable from SSC, can
produce detonator plots, using the option -eplottype(bar)-. However,
-eclplot- has the default policy of including the lower confidence limit
in the foreground, and the bar in the background, so the reader can see
the lower confidence limits. To follow the usual policy of producing
detonator plots with the lower confidence limits hidden, the user must
also explicitly specify the option -nociforeground-. Therefore,
-eclplot- should only produce detonator plots with the lower confidence
limits hidden if the user has consciously decided to annoy
statisticians.

Bravo! I fell off my chair laughing. Good one.

--
David C. Airey, Ph.D.
Research Assistant Professor