RE: st: RE: Stata 9/10 compatibility

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: RE: Stata 9/10 compatibility
Date   Thu, 7 Jun 2007 15:53:25 +0100

If we are slinging votes around -- not that StataCorp
is promising to count or to act upon them --
I vote against this.

It's the same issue as before.

I don't see that StataCorp should lean over backwards
for anyone not intending to upgrade, especially over
trivia that users can fix for themselves. What's the
issue? For a limited period _a few_ user-written packages
that you might install _may_ need some tweaking in that _a
few_ files may need renaming!

I'm no free market zealot -- although the alternatives most
don't work well at all when tried -- but those who pay
deseve the service.

Fred Wolfe