Re: st: RE: testing exogeneity after xtivreg2 with weights

From   "alessia matano" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: RE: testing exogeneity after xtivreg2 with weights
Date   Thu, 31 May 2007 11:49:52 +0200

Ok, I try endog then...
which is the null?? That the variables are exogeneous? Is it based
upon the instruments you use? So that you should perform it when your
instruments pass the sargan test?
thank you
alessia

2007/5/31, Schaffer, Mark E <[email protected]>:
Alessia,

> [...]

You can compare the regression with endogenous regressors to one with
exogenous regressors using -xtivreg2- for both; -xtivreg2- allows you to
specify that all regressors are exogenous.

But why not just use the -endog- option of -xtivreg2-?  This should
generate the exogeneneity test that you want.

Cheers,
Mark

Prof. Mark Schaffer
Director, CERT
Department of Economics
School of Management & Languages
Heriot-Watt University, Edinburgh EH14 4AS
tel +44-131-451-3494 / fax +44-131-451-3296
email: [email protected]
web: http://www.sml.hw.ac.uk/ecomes