st: RE: Multiple comparisons, non-normal data

From   "Newson, Roger B" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: Multiple comparisons, non-normal data
Date   Thu, 24 May 2007 17:58:17 +0100

To calculate confidence intervals for rank statistics in Stata, you can
use the -somersd- package, downloadable from SSC. To perform multiple
test procedures, you can use the -smileplot- package, also downloadable
from SSC. And I suspect that the -parmest- package (also downloadable
from SSC) would be useful in writing the confidence intervals and
P-values from -somersd- to a dataset which can then be input to
-smileplot- to carry out multiple-test procedures. To download add-on
packages from SSC, use the -ssc- command in Stata.

Apart from that, I cannot say much, as I do not know the details of your
project, eg numbers of individuals per tank or what kind of animals are
laying eggs and living in tanks.

I hope this helps.

Best wishes

Roger