Re: st: re: adoupdate: problem with reported r(pkglist)

Subject   Re: st: re: adoupdate: problem with reported r(pkglist)
Date   Wed, 23 May 2007 11:34:17 -0500

At 10:18 AM 5/23/2007, Kit Baum wrote:
If I say

adoupdate ivreg2

(which does not need updating) it places ivreg2 in r(pkglist).

What is the nature of the problem?
But the help for adoupdate says

"adoupdate saves in r(pkglist) a space-separated list of package names that need updating (option update not specified) or that were updated (option update specified)."

So if ivreg2 does not need updating, why is it showing up in r(pkglist)? It sounds like a bug to me, but maybe I misunderstand something.

If I just do adoupdate, r(pkglist) does contain only the packages that need updating. But if you specify a package name, r(pkglist) includes whatever package name you specified, whether it needs updating or not.

OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
HOME: (574)289-5227
EMAIL: [email protected]
WWW: http://www.nd.edu/~rwilliam