st: adoupdate : problem with reported r(pkglist)

From   "Zurab Sajaia" <[email protected]>
To   "statalist" <[email protected]>
Subject   st: adoupdate : problem with reported r(pkglist)
Date   Mon, 21 May 2007 17:56:51 -0400

Hi everyone,

My program uses other user-written programs and I'm thinking of finding ways how to check whether those packages are present/up-to-date.

I use -adoupdate- but it seems to return not what's the help file says it would :

"adoupdate saves in r(pkglist) a space-separated list of package names that need updating (option update not specified) or that were updated (option update specified)."

if I write

. adoupdate "somelistofarguments"

r(pkglist) contains the exactly same list of arguments, even if packages were not found or already up to date.

Have anybody encountered the similar behavior?

Thanks in advance for any insights
Zurab
*
* For searches and help try: