st: hireg help

From   Megan McHugh <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: hireg help
Date   Fri, 18 May 2007 08:58:19 -0400

Dear listserv members,

I am in a bit of a jam and I was hoping someone might be able to provide some guidance.  When I use the command...

"hireg dollarmargin (EDadmit surgical anyoutlier ortho cardiac surgcardiac surg ortho) (resbed DSH beds public forprofit levelone)"

the last 3 variables (public, forprofit and levelone) are omitted from the second model.  No matter what variables I place at the end of the command, they are dropped from the output (i.e., multicollinearity is not the problem).  It seems to work fine when I trim down the number of variables in the first model, but, of course, I need the output for all the variables.  I'm using Stata 8.

Have you encountered this problem before?  Does anyone have any advice?  Someone posed this same question to the listserv in 2005, but it was not answered.

Thank you!

Megan

Megan McHugh
Sr. Program Officer