Re: st: First occurence

Subject   Re: st: First occurence
Date   Thu, 17 May 2007 18:18:04 -0400

Nick--
Yes, with the removal of the word "always" and the replacement of
"fyr" with "minyr" --thanks for the correction... here is the danger
of untested solutions, illustrated nicely, and a big part of the
danger of not using -sysuse data- or equivalent at the start!
The reason I proposed the two-line solution is the phrase "identify
the first year that the idcode appear" which implies to me that Meryle
Weinstein might need the year for other purposes, not just to make a
first-year indicator.