Re: st: hiding the contents

From   Phil Schumm <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: hiding the contents
Date   Wed, 16 May 2007 11:14:51 -0500

On 5/16/07, Onur Baser <[email protected]> wrote:
Is there anyway to hide the content of do file or ado file?

I want to send the stata code to the client, he can run it and see the output, but I dont want to see him the algorithms in it etc.

You're only option if you're working in Stata is to implement your routine (or at least the sensitive portions of it) in Mata; you can then distribute just the byte-compiled version without the source. While one could always attempt to decompile the byte-code, this would take serious work and almost certainly would be out of reach of your "client".

-- Phil

*
* For searches and help try:
* http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/