st: selmlog command output

From   "Jean Dupont" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: selmlog command output
Date   Mon, 14 May 2007 14:07:09 +0000

Dear all,

I' actually using the selmlog command in order to model selectivity into wage work with different possible occupation.
However, I found something that I don't understand : using the Lee option, the output gives me both a positive rho and a positive coefficient for _m1 while I had understood that those signs should be opposite, due to the fact that Lee's model estimates
y=xB-s*rho*IMR+e

Also, when I use the Dubin and Mac Fadden approach, I'm not really sure of the interpretation I should give of the coefficients on the _mi and on the values of rho.

Thank you very much for your time and help.

Jean.

* For searches and help try:
* http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/