Re: st: Class membership probabiliy and mlogit

From   "Jon Heron (ALSPAC)" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Class membership probabiliy and mlogit
Date   Mon, 14 May 2007 09:13:56 +0100

Hi Maarten,

unfortunately, our data don't appear suitable for this model
 - all but 3% of the cases have at least one probability which is
equal to zero

In particular, for the commonest response 'patterns' YYYYYYY and
NNNNNNN, we find ourselves with one probability practically equal
to one and very little else.  Only when we have a great deal of
uncertainly, e.g. for NYNNYNY will we get six non-zero class assignment
probs.

cheers

Jon
Dr Jon Heron