Re: st: RE: statalist-digest V4 #2695

From   "Philip Ender" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: RE: statalist-digest V4 #2695
Date   Sun, 13 May 2007 21:19:23 -0700

Alan Acock wrote:

The pathreg command is useful and an easy way to keep the sample size
consistent for each prediction. Unfortunately, I don't think it reports the
R-square for each equation and that is usually important information.
-pathreg- does give the R-square for each equation along with residual
error.  A small advantage for -pathreg- it that it reports
standardized coefficients (path coefficients) along with the regular
OLS coefficients.  That said, I have to agree with Richard Williams
that -reg3- is a much more robust program.  -pathreg- was written for
a multiple regression course to allow for the easy demonstration of
path analysis models in a classroom setting.

--
Phil Ender
Statistical Consulting Group