st: RE: log files with no command

From   "Maarten Buis" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: log files with no command
Date   Fri, 4 May 2007 13:54:49 +0200

--- JP Azevedo wrote:
> I would like to know if there is anyway I could generate a Stata log file
> with no commands. I'm just interested in keeping the output, and not the
> Stata syntax.

That is not easy, and for a good reason: Output only makes sense if you
know what produced it. It is the commands that document exactly what you
have done, and consequently what the output means. If you really want to
do it you can store the .do file that creates your output as an .ado
file (say analysis.ado), -cd- to the directory where this file is stored,
start the log file and type analysis. But again, I advise strongly
against it.

Hope this helps,
Maarten

Maarten L. Buis