Re: st: Time labels

Subject   Re: st: Time labels
Date   Wed, 2 May 2007 17:38:08 -0400

Danielle--
Note that mofd(dofm(.)) is an identity operator in that case, i.e.
a is rightly %tm --> mofd(dofm(a)) = a for all a.

But other possibilities may be useful, e.g. extracting first day in month:
di %d 4000
di %d dofm(mofd(4000))

My post was simply to highlight the use of -local- with the -display-
extended function; see -help extended_fcn- for more.

On 5/2/07, Ferry, Danielle (Exchange) <[email protected]> wrote:
Actually, for those interested, if "date" is %tm already:

local min: di %tm mofd(dofm(r(min)))
local max: di %tm mofd(dofm((r(max))

Thanks, Austin!

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Austin
Nichols
Sent: Wednesday, May 02, 2007 4:50 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: st: Time labels

Something like this, perhaps?

sysuse sp500, clear
keep in 1/45
su date
local min: di %tm mofd(r(min))
local max: di %tm mofd(r(max))
tw rarea hi lo d , ti(`min' to `max')

On 5/2/07, Ferry, Danielle (Exchange) <[email protected]> wrote:
> Dear statalisters,
> Is it possible to access the label associated w/ a time variable
> formatted %tm? More specifically, I am generating a series of graphs
> that use the most recent set of data (time period varies depending on
> which variables I use), and I want to be able to display on the graph
> the label that specifies which time the data refers to (i.e., "2007m2"
> rather than "265").
> Many thanks.

Bear Stearns does not provide tax, legal or accounting advice.  You
should consult your own tax, legal and accounting advisors before
engaging in any transaction. In order for Bear Stearns to comply with
Internal Revenue Service Circular 230 (if applicable), you are notified
that any discussion of U.S. federal tax issues contained or referred to
herein is not intended or written to be used, and cannot be used, for
the purpose of:  (A) avoiding penalties that may be imposed under the
Internal Revenue Code; nor (B) promoting, marketing or recommending to
another party any transaction or matter addressed herein.