Re: st: absolute excess risks - test for trend

Subject   Re: st: absolute excess risks - test for trend
Date   Wed, 2 May 2007 08:35:50 -0400

Raoul--
I am not familiar with this use of the acronym AER, but I think the
right approach here depends on whether E in the formula is estimated
or assumed fixed.  If E is the estimated mean of O, then you can
regress O/personyrs on age--the estimated constant will be E/personyrs
and the coef on age will be your estimate of trend in age. Like so:
. poisson o_pyrs age, r
. test age