RE: st: String vector

From   "Hendri Adriaens" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: String vector
Date   Tue, 1 May 2007 08:16:51 +0200

Hi Joseph,

>     if `x'==1 {

Thanks to your help, I found that a ; was missing here. And stata did not
complain about it...

> P.S. What you seem to be trying to accomplish is normally
> done in Stata in a
> completely different approach (i.e., in a "Stata-ish"
> programming style that
> would result in much more efficient, readable and
> maintainable code).  The
> appearance of your code snippets over the past few posts
> looks like the
> approach a SAS programmer coming to Stata would attempt.  I
> don't know if
> that's the case, but if it is, then I recommend a NetCourse
> from StataCorp
> in Stata programming in order to break out of the SAS mindset
> that's causing
> you so much of your troubles.

I do not come from sas, but am indeed new to stata but I am used to program
but not at yet at the abstraction level of stata. I'm sure the programs can
be made more efficient, but for now, I'm already happy if they work at all.
I'll see about the course, I have only little time and most of the
programming is done now I think.

Thanks anyway for the suggestion and help, best regards,
-Hendri.