st: xtivreg2 question

From   "David Merriman" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: xtivreg2 question
Date   Tue, 24 Apr 2007 10:07:18 -0500

When we run the program we get the error message below:

. xtivreg2 lnfullvalue lntifvalue lnpop effectivefullvaluerate residential_share year2-year14 (lntifvalue=
>  lnpop effectivefullvaluerate residential_share cityshare year2-year14), fe cluster(code)
Error - must have ivreg2 (or ivreg28, for Stata 8 users) version 2.1.15 or greater installed
r(601);

Error - must have ivreg2 (or ivreg28, for Stata 8 users) version 2.1.15 or greater installed r(601);

 So then we ran the code below:

 findit ivreg2

On that screen the latest version of ivreg2 is

SJ-5-4  st0030_2  . . . . . .  Software update for ivreg2,
overid, and ivendog
      . . . . . . . . . . . . .  C. F. Baum, M. E. Schaffer, and S. Stillman
         (help ivendog, ivhettest, ivreg2, overid if installed)
        Q4/05   SJ 5(4):607
       enhanced first-stage regression diagnostics, tests for
        overidentification, redundancy of instruments, and
       continuously updated GMM estimation (CUE)

So we installed this version and then typed

 ivreg2, version

 but the computer responds

 02.1.14

 It appears that the most recent version of ivreg2 seems to be
 02.1.14 which is not sufficient to run xtivreg2 (it needs
 version 2.1.15 or greater)

 We would be very appreciative of any advice/assistance.

David Merriman
Interim Director Masters in Urban Affairs and Public Policy
Professor, Department of Economics
Loyola University Chicago
1 E. Pearson Street
Room 534