Re: st:Dummy varaibles with Oaxaca decomposition

From   "Ben Jann" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st:Dummy varaibles with Oaxaca decomposition
Date   Thu, 19 Apr 2007 01:18:58 +0200

On 4/18/07, Simo Hansen <[email protected]> wrote:
Dear Ben,
Thanks for your kind help.
I did not quite understand your command line <cnsreg lwage.......if
inlist(female,0,1). Could you explain it?
It means that you estimate the pooled model here. "if
inlist(female,0,1)" just says to include all male and female (the
variable may be missing for some observations).

Does this line of the command allow me to impose restriction female+male==1
in the pooled regression?
Sure.

What I am trying to do is that rewrite the program that computes the
Regression-Compatible Oaxaca-Blinder Decomposition;
proposed in Fortin, N.M. "Greed, Altruism and the Gender Wage Gap"' 2005 by
using "Oaxaca" command. I have her program code and try to do replicate her
results using "oaxaca" command.
Hm. I'll take a look at that and get back to you....
ben