RE: st: RE: problem using xtivreg2 without instruments

Subject   RE: st: RE: problem using xtivreg2 without instruments
Date   Sat, 14 Apr 2007 22:24:58 +0100

Samia,

Did -xtivreg2- warn you about singleton groups being detected and
observations not being used?  If there are any groups with just one
observation, the fixed effects estimator can't use them (the
mean-deviations transformation makes the observation a useless row of
zeros).  -xtivreg2- notes this and subtracts them from the number of
observations reported, whereas official -xtivreg- doesn't.

--Mark

Prof. Mark Schaffer
Director, CERT
Department of Economics
School of Management & Languages
Heriot-Watt University, Edinburgh EH14 4AS
tel +44-131-451-3494 / fax +44-131-451-3296
email: [email protected]
web: http://www.sml.hw.ac.uk/ecomes