Re: Re: st: view facility in stata 8

From   n j cox <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: Re: st: view facility in stata 8
Date   Wed, 11 Apr 2007 19:44:23 +0100

Ali:

Unfortunately, there is really no hard information in
your report here. Also, you ask the same question, so
the answer is the same: I cannot see that being disconnected
from the internet can be the source of any problem not to
do with the internet. You should look at FAQs such as

http://www.stata.com/support/faqs/techsup/sendout.html

to get an idea of what should be included in a problem report.

Ali Khashan
,
I had this problem on my personal computer a while ago (Stata 9) and
was solved
when I connected to the internet. Now I have the same problem no internet and
no viewing or help can be used. Do you have any idea of any alternative
explanations?

Quoting n j cox <[email protected]>:

> No. -view-ing your own files, or Stata's help files, on your
> system does not depend on any internet connection.
>
> Nick
> [email protected]
>
> Ali Khashan
>
> I am using stata 9 and I am not allowed to connect my computer to the
> internet.
> I cannot view my log files or use the help facility. Does stata 9
> need internet
> connection in order to use these facilities.

*
* For searches and help try:
* http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/